Ladies, this is exciting! As you are finding out, or will find out at some point in your lives, bodies go through many changes during pregnancy, and this often includes your new found foot pain. The second and third trimester can be torture on the tootsies, including foot swelling, increased foot size, loosened ligaments due to the hormone Relaxin, and not to mention the added pressure and weight that is just unavoidable during pregnancy. Investing in shoes that will be worn for just a few months isn’t ideal but any fashionista is willing to invest in the necessary staples for her professional or social wardrobe.
But, what about weekend shoes or fitness shoes that are absolutely necessary to fend off the additional and unavoidable weight gain? 9 Months is a long time to be uncomfortable but we think these shoes are a step in the right direction. If your feet hurt, it’s hard to put your best foot forward. (Ok, we’ll stop with the feet clichés) But honestly, you might even actually enjoy (*gasp!*) that morning walk if you found the right shoe and it doesn’t require buying 2 pair in different sizes. And as for those of you that are double plagued with bunion pain, bunions aren’t going anywhere anytime soon, in fact they are becoming more common than hangnails for those of us who enjoy – no, RELISH – in the beauty of a new pair of pumps or boots. But slowly, shoe makers are taking note and using their design skills to bring us some options that are just as comfortable as they are stylish.
Now entering the market is a product developed by the leadership team of Reebok International, Avia International, and Foot Locker, working in conjunction with experts in the obstetrics and podiatry fields.
This is a well designed shoe for our Mommies-To-Be!
(Drum roll please…..) New Life Shoes! These shoes will be available for purchase directly from the company’s website soon (early 2012). Pre-purchase before March 1 and save 15%! (Use NLSEARLY15 at checkout). Why New Life Shoes? Here’s why;
- Removable cushion spacer to accommodate widening feet (or our beloved bunions)
- One handed fit adjustment using the “Z-Fit” system (bye-bye bending over!)
- 5-Layer Cushioning System that provides breath-ability and moisture absorption
- Snug fit without adding undue tension on the top of the foot (you know, your most swollen area of your foot)
- Best of all – these are good looking shoes (in our opinion)
We’re excited about these shoes for the world of bunion sufferers and we urge anyone that decides to try them to return back to us and let us know what they thought of them!
- What are the symptoms of a bunion? (zocdoc.com)
- An Athlete’s Guide to Dealing with Bunions (bunionsupport.com)
- Taking Care of a Bunion (everydayhealth.com)
- Bunion Basics (everydayhealth.com)