Is there such a thing as Bunion Season? Picture it…store fronts lined with only foot models with red bony bumps, sporting this season’s best in bunion splints and display cases with big sale letters “50% off Bunion Surgery“. Nothing invokes feelings of sweaters and fresh apple cider like BUNION SEASON!
Most foot doctors will tell you there is, well…sort of, a bunion season. If you think about it, we spend a good 3 months wearing flip-flops, sexy sandals, and sling backs, but as the weather starts to turn, or you begin your annual fall wardrobe shopping, you find yourself in brad new, not-yet-broken-in boots, and the seasons latest chocolate pumps. I get goose bumps just thinking about all the good finds at the mall, but it doesn’t take long to realize this is a whole different ball game than the easy-breezy summer shoe selection.
So does the fall weather actually CAUSE bunions? No, of course not. But those painful nubs sure do voice their opinions as they are crammed into the narrow toe box of the beauties you just bought on sale at Nordstroms. Its true though.
there is a spike in bunion surgeries during the fall months
There are other financial and practical reasons bunions appointments peak in the fall…
- Some people prefer to wait until the fall to schedule their bunion surgery and office visit, avoiding the bad news during summer fun
- Most prefer to treat and deal with bunions before the holiday season approaches, which we all know comes all too fast once school starts!
- Insurance premiums needs to be used up (or flex-spend accounts) before the close of the year
So what do you do if you don’t have time to get in to the doctor, or worse – you’ve been to the doctor and learn your only solution is surgery? Don’t panic.
There is something that can reduce the pain during the day and sooth your feet at the end of the day by gently but evenly, pulling the big toe back to its natural position. A nylon support that also provides a barrier against all those tight new kicks that tend to rub against the already traumatized metatarsal.
Bunion Bootie (www.bunionbootie.com) provides around the clock support for your bunions and at just 0.4mm thick, it really can be worn in any shoe; running shoes, boots, or work shoes. Its customized to your foot and you control the fit by selecting the size you feel is right for your wear preference.
Try it, you’ll thank us
SIGN UP FOR OUR BUNION BOOTIE NEWSLETTER OR “LIKE” US ON FACEBOOK TO BE THE FIRST TO HEAR ABOUT DEALS AND PROMOTIONS!
- How do you treat YOUR bunions? 6 Home Remedies…. (bunionsupport.com)
- Barefoot Bunion Running? (bunionblogging.com)
- Easy Exercises for Bunions (worldfromthisangle.wordpress.com)
- Bunion Surgery? There Has to Be Another Way….. (bunionsupport.com)
- Bunion Bootie…The Newest Relief for Bunion Pain! (bunionsupport.com)
- Hallux WHAT?!?! (bunionsupport.com)
- Under the Microscope: Bunions (polishedpampered.wordpress.com)
- Love me… love my bunions! (abbieelizabeth.wordpress.com)
- Barefoot Bunion Running? (bunionsupport.com)
- Can Your Diet Be Hurting Your Bunion? (bunionsupport.com)